Running for Director of Internal Policy
Intern for State Sens Hunt and Wege Winter 2018
Intern Int’l Relations & Outreach Gov. Jay Inslee Summer 2017
VP Communications Sigma Phi Epsilon 2017-present
As Director of Internal Policy I will make ASUW accessible and transparent. I bring relevant experience as a former intern in the State Senate and Office of Governor Inslee, and my knowledge of the legislative process will make me a valuable asset in working with the Senate. Incorporating diverse points of view is the only way to create an institutional framework that will benefit any student that wishes to engage with student government.
- Work with Senate Leadership to institutionalize more alternative pathways to Senate membership.
- Use the Open Selection Process to cast a wide net for applicants in order to bring diversity to ASUW, ensuring that qualified candidates are aware of opportunities for involvement.
- Expand the accessibility of internal ASUW actions to communicate ASUW business externally more effectively.
- Work with the Office of Communication to ensure that the Senate website and ASUW Wiki are upgraded and up to date across platforms.
- Host quarterly forums between Senate and the Board to increase communication and accountability between bodies.
- Request feedback from relevant committees bi-weekly and report findings to the Board.
- Ensure that Diversity Commissions are included in Legislative agenda setting by opening up steering meetings to representatives from all interested groups.