As a Communications Intern for ASUW’s Office of Government Relations, I learned to advocate for unique issues like student-athlete compensation and gender-inclusive housing, and communicate with different stakeholders such as other universities and faculty. As President of the International Student Advocacy Group, I collaborated with ASUW Board, the Joint Commissions Committee, and ASUW Senate to create a task force for international student representation within ASUW. Harnessing the power of both my own experiences and experiences of my fellow Huskies, I commit to strongly amplify student voices as a passionate advocate and transparent leader; delivering these voices across all levels of university governance.
- Increase affordability of textbooks, working with UW Libraries, WashPIRG, GPSS, and WSA, through quarterly loan programs and subsidies for online platforms.
- Establish distinct liaison roles, minimizing workload on ASUW entities. Developing training procedures for current liaisons and repositories of institutional knowledge for future liaisons.
- Advocate for increased funding for DRS, working with Board, D Center, and SDC to decrease accommodation wait times, and hire more disability-centered counselors, especially for chronically-ill students.
- Collaborate with Faculty Councils on Teaching and Learning, and Academic Standards to develop impactful diversity educational materials, expanding options for fulfilling diversity credits simultaneously with other requirements.
- Husky Help Organization
- Hong Kong Student Association
- WEGET Magazine
- International Student Mentorship Program
- Hua Psychology Club
- Chinese Students & Scholars Association
- Student User Development Organization
- Asian Business Student Association
- Japanese Student Association
- Alpha Theta Delta
- Sher-E-Punjab Society
- Unite UW Student Association
- Technology and Business Association
- Asian Americans in Media
- Arab Student Association
- Indonesian Student Association