Hey y’all, I’m ecstatic to announce that I’m running for Director of Diversity Efforts! In this position, I aim to improve dynamic programming for underrepresented groups through more accessible opportunities and events on our campus. As a liaison, I will learn from and uplift diverse voices to ensure the empowerment of all marginalized students. My internship with the Black Student Commission as a liaison to the Student Advisory Board has informed my inclusive approach to advocate for students and support event programming. I will utilize my experiences as an OMA&D mentor and Orientation Leader to creatively use resources to increase equitable educational outcomes and promote inclusivity by educating students about diverse identities.
- Partner with the proposed Office of Inclusive Design to increase accessibility to diversity commission (JCC) programs.
- Include the voice of international students to inform ASUW decision-making.
- Work with JCC entities to better reflect intersectional identities and evolving identification.
- Establish broader communication and collaboration across JCC entities.
- Promote diversity in ASUW Student Senate by working with JCC, diversity organizations, and RSOs to increase representation.
- Expand diversity course requirement and informal education surrounding identity, culture, and positionality.
- Increase visibility of avenues for remedying discrimination and ensuring accountability.
- Bengali Students Association
- Black Student Union
- Pi Kappa Phi
- ASL Club at UW
- Alpha Phi
- Delta Delta Delta
- Interfraternity Council
- Kappa Alpha Theta
- Kappa Sigma
- Students for Bernie at UW