Congratulations to the new 2016-2017 ASUW Board of Directors!!
- President: Daniele Meñez
- Vice President: Michael Aldridge
- Director of University Affairs: Kaitlyn Zhou
- Director of Internal Policy: Taylor Beardall
- Director of Diversity Efforts: Tae McKenzie
- Director of Community Relations: Osman Salahuddin
- Director of Programming: Meili Powell
- Director of Campus Partnerships: Hakikat Bains
If you’d like to see the election results, they can be found here: 2016 Elections Summary. If you have any questions about the elections process please feel free to contact email@example.com.
Unfortunately we couldn’t get the link to the legislature for the referendums so I have linked them here! Just click on the referendums below.
Come out and hear the candidates discuss what they will change on our campus if they were elected! Forum dates and locations are below:
Living Communities Forum: April 21st @ 7PM in HUB 332
Senate Forum: April 26th @ 5PM in Gowen 301
SAB Forum: May 2nd @ 4:00PM in the Ethnic Cultural Theater
Presidential Debate: May 4th @ 7PM in the HUB Lyceum
Daily Forum: May 6th @ 4:30 in Smith 120
Want the opportunity to see UW elections from behind the scenes! Join the Elections Administration Volunteer team and help us run our voting stations for students to choose their next ASUW Board of Directors.
- Being a part of ASUW
- Making friends
- Being a part of a new community
- Getting a free T-shirt!
- Building your resume
Apply online here! http://tinyurl.com/EACVolunteerApp2016
Did you know that all members of the Associated Students of the University of Washington are eligible to use the initiative process to place initiatives and amendments to the ASUW Constitution on the general election ballot!
Initiative & Constitutional Amendment Requirements:
- All initiatives and constitutional amendments must be certified by the Office of the Registrar to have signatures equal to five percent of the ASUW membership in favor of placing the initiative on the ballot.
- The wording of initiatives amending the constitution must be approved by ASUW Judicial Committee and by the Board of Directors before the collection of signatures.
- Initiatives amending the constitution can only be placed on the General Election ballot after a majority vote by the Board of Directors.
- ASUW Constitutional Amendment: Submit petition to the ASUW Judicial Committee by 5:00pm on March 28th, 2016
- Ballot Initiatives: Petitions must be submitted to the ASUW Judicial Committee by 5:00pm on March 28th, 2016. (Petitions submitted after deadline will be placed on the ballot of the General election if determined by the Judicial Committee Chair that the Registrar can satisfactorily complete the certification process time.)
The 2016 Elections Administration Committee application is now open and in need of interested and dedicated applicants! The EAC is a committee that aims to assist in hosting election debates, maintaining the ethics of elections, and throwing a large party to kickoff the voting session. If you have an interest in marketing, programming, volunteer outreach, or learning the logistics behind running an election consider applying. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for the Elections Administration Committee here: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/asuwvote/262387
Interested in becoming a part of the ASUW while gaining work experience that can be used to enhance your resume! Apply to be an Elections Administration Committee (EAC) intern! This opportunity will help you gain applicable work experience as well as introduce you to some amazing leaders on the UW campus.
Application opens Tuesday, October 6th and will be open until October 20th. Visit http://volunteer.asuw.org/position-catalog/ to apply!
Intern opportunities include:
- Volunteer & Community Outreach
- Elections Day Operations
Voting is now open! Polls are open until Wednesday, May 13th at 11:45PM! All UW undergraduate and graduate students can vote here: http://tinyurl.com/2015asuwelections.
To learn more about the candidates checkout a copy of the 2015 Voter’s Guide!
The Elections Administration Committee will have Election Information Tables at the following locations this week –
- Red Square [9AM – 4PM]
- The Quad [9AM – 4PM]
- The Husky Union Building [9AM – 4PM]
- Memorial Way [9AM – 4PM]
- The 8 in McMahon Hall [4PM – 7PM]
- Local Point in Lander Hall [4PM – 7PM]
- The Ethnic Cultural Center [4PM-7PM]
- The IMA [4PM-7PM]
The Elections Administration Committee is hosting our annual presidential debate. Come listen to the Presidential and Vice-presidential candidates answer questions relating to the 2015 ASUW Elections.
Christina Xiao: ASUW President
KK Saha: ASUW Personnel Director
Mac Zellem: SAF Chair
Magdelawit Negussie: BSU President
The ASUW Elections volunteer sign-up is now live. Help the EAC run our neutral voting stations during spring elections. If you volunteer four hours of your time during May 11, 12, and 13 you will receive a free T-shirt. Do your part to help the EAC promote the campaigning process and encourage civic engagement on our campus! Apply at www.tinyurl.com/EACvolunteers2015.